PODCAST | Vancouver Opera Offstage
Vancouver Opera Offstage is an audio podcast with host Les Dala, VO’s chorus director and associate conductor. Join Les every other Wednesday for this podcast as he chats with opera experts, artists, Vancouver Opera staff and others to explore the world of opera on and off the stage. This podcast offers an insider’s glimpse into the artistry, experiences, and perspectives of the talent involved in taking breathtaking opera productions from the page to the stage.
Add us on these popular services! Weekly episodes can be found on VancouverOpera.Buzzsprout.com, Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Spotify, Stitcher, Podcast Addict, Podchaser, Deezer, TuneIn + Alexa, iHeartRadio, and Listen Notes.
We want to hear from you!
Do you have feedback, ideas for future episodes, or suggestions for guests you’d like to see on the podcast? Contact us by email at email@example.com.
October 21, 2020 | Episode 18
An inspirational journey with mezzo-soprano and star of
La Voix humaine, Mirelle Lebel
In this episode, Les chats with Canadian mezzo-soprano Mireille Lebel,
who will be starring in Vancouver Opera’s Digital Season Opening Production, La Voix humaine. Last appearing as Siébel in Vancouver Opera’s 2019 production of Faust, Mireille grew up in Vancouver and was a member of the Atelier Lyrique de l’Opéra de Montréal before making critically successful debuts with opera companies and orchestras in Europe and North America. Don’t forget to subscribe to our fabulous digital season to see Mireille and be ready for La Voix humaine when it premieres October 24!
Extra Features & Content:
- Subscribe to the digital season to hear Mireille Lebel perform in La Voix humaine!
- Mireille’s video interview about La Voix humaine (Facebook Video)
- ‘The Sick Rose’ by Samy Moussa (2016), featuring Mireille Lebel, Anton Rudakov, Ester Ambrosino (Youtube Video)
- ‘Come Away Fellow Sailors’ by Henry Purcell from the opera Dido and Aeneas. With Mireille Lebel, Douglas Williams, Lydia Brotherton and Michael Taylor (Youtube Video)
- Culturebox – Massenet – Werther, Werther-Air des Lettres-Mireille Lebel-Opéra Théâtre de Metz (Youtube Video)
Mireille’s Spotify List:
Les’ Spotify Pick of the Week, Featuring Erin Wall:
Share this episode!
Past Episodes of Vancouver Opera Offstage
- Episode 1 | April 29, 2020 | An Interview with Tom Wright, General Director of Vancouver Opera
- Episode 2 | May 6, 2020 | Catching up with Jonathan Darlington, Music Director Emeritus of Vancouver Opera
- Episode 3 | May 13, 2020 | A Chat with Canadian Stage Director Rachel Peake on her process and vision as a director from theatre to opera
- Episode 4 | May 20, 2020 | Sharing stories from legendary Canadian mezzo-soprano Judith Forst
- Episode 5 | May 27, 2020 | Perspectives on performance with Canadian bass-baritone Daniel Okulitch
- Episode 6 | June 3, 2020 | In the Spotlight with Vancouver-born lyric soprano Simone Osborne
- Episode 7 | June 10, 2020 | Breaking barriers in the digital world with Victoria’s own Rachel Fenlon
- Episode 8 | June 17, 2020 | From Countertenor to Executive Director: Matthew White of Early Music Vancouver
- Episode 9 | June 24, 2020 | Coaches in Conversation: Demystifying the role of the répétiteur with Kinza Tyrrell and Tina Chang
- Episode 10 | July 1, 2020 | Canadian Visions with Tapestry Opera’s Michael Hidetoshi Mori and mezzo-soprano Marion Newman of Amplified Opera
- Episode 11 | July 15, 2020 | Shaping tomorrow’s voices with UBC Opera’s legendary Nancy Hermiston
- Episode 12 | July 29, 2020 | Imagining the future for opera with Teiya Kasahara & Asitha Tennekoon, co-founders of Amplified Opera
- Episode 13 | August 12, 2020 | Keeping pace with internationally respected conductor and former VO Music Director David Agler
- Episode 14 | August 26, 2020 | Sharing the love of performance with Hungarian-Canadian mezzo-soprano Krisztina Szabó
- Episode 15 | September 9, 2020 |Transforming adversity to creative inspiration with The Kettle Society and the Can You Hear Me? Project’s Lesley Sutherland, Jerry LaFaery, and Coreen Douglas
- Episode 16 |September 23, 2020 | Introductions from Vancouver Opera’s 2020–2021 Yulanda M. Faris Young Artists
- Episode 17 | October 7, 2020 | Singing with the Greats with Tenor and UBC Voice and Opera Professor J. Patrick Raftery
- Episode 18 | October 21, 2020 | An inspirational journey with mezzo-soprano and star of La Voix humaine, Mirelle Lebel
About the host, Les Dala
Vancouver Opera Offstage Host:
Vancouver Opera Offstage Production and Editing:
Vancouver Opera Offstage logo design:
Season 01 | Episode 18
Episode Recorded: October 13, 2020
Episode interviews are recorded entirely remotely using Zoom and hosted on Buzzsprout.