PODCAST | Vancouver Opera Offstage
Highlights of two decades with former VO General Director Jim Wright
November 4, 2020
In this episode, Les speaks with Jim (James) Wright, former General Director of Vancouver Opera who led the company from 1999-2016. As the longest-serving General Director in the company’s history, Vancouver Opera presented a wide range of repertoire during his tenure including the world premieres of Lillian Alling, Stickboy, and the Canadian premiere of Nixon in China. Jim also oversaw the creation of our community engagement program Opera Speaks and the appointment of Jonathan Darlington as Music Director. Join us as Jim shares some of his personal highlights during his tenure.
Extra Features & Content:
- Jim’s favourites: VO’s Lillian Alling (2010) (Youtube Playlist)
- Jim’s favourites: VO’s The Magic Flute (2013) – Trailer (Youtube Video)
- Jim’s favourites: VO’s The Magic Flute (2013) – Interviews (Youtube Video)
- Jim’s favourites: Season Preview Interview with Jim Wright (2012) (Youtube Video)
- Jim’s favourites: Vancouver Opera presents the World Premiere of Stickboy (2014) – Clips (Youtube Video)
- Jim’s favourites: Creating VO’s Stickboy (2014) (Youtube Video)
- Jim’s favourites: VO’s Stickboy (2014) – Teaser (Youtube Video)
Jim’s Spotify List:
Les’ Spotify Pick of the Week, Benjamin Britten’s Peter Grimes, Featuring Erin Wall:
Add us on these popular services! Weekly episodes can be found on Anchor.fm, VancouverOpera.Buzzsprout.com, Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Spotify, Stitcher, Podcast Addict, Podchaser, Deezer, TuneIn + Alexa, iHeartRadio, and Listen Notes. For those listening from the US, we’re also available now on Pandora!
Share this episode!
Vancouver Opera Offstage Host:
Vancouver Opera Offstage Production and Editing:
Vancouver Opera Offstage logo design:
Tuesday, 27 October, 2020
Episode interviews are recorded entirely remotely using Zoom and hosted on Anchor.fm.
(Originally on Buzzsprout).