PODCAST | Vancouver Opera Offstage
An inspirational journey with mezzo-soprano and star of La Voix humaine, Mirelle Lebel
October 21, 2020
In this episode, Les chats with Canadian mezzo-soprano Mireille Lebel, who will be starring in Vancouver Opera’s 2020–2021 Digital Season Opening Production, La Voix humaine. Last appearing as Siébel in Vancouver Opera’s 2019 production of Faust, Mireille grew up in Vancouver and was a member of the Atelier Lyrique de l’Opéra de Montréal before making critically successful debuts with opera companies and orchestras in Europe and North America. Don’t forget to subscribe to our fabulous digital season to see Mireille and be ready for La Voix humaine when it premieres October 24!
Extra Features & Content:
- Subscribe to the digital season to hear Mireille Lebel perform in La Voix humaine!
- Mireille’s video interview about La Voix humaine (Facebook Video)
- ‘The Sick Rose’ by Samy Moussa (2016), featuring Mireille Lebel, Anton Rudakov, Ester Ambrosino (Youtube Video)
- ‘Come Away Fellow Sailors’ by Henry Purcell from the opera Dido and Aeneas. With Mireille Lebel, Douglas Williams, Lydia Brotherton and Michael Taylor (Youtube Video)
- Culturebox – Massenet – Werther, Werther-Air des Lettres-Mireille Lebel-Opéra Théâtre de Metz (Youtube Video)
Mireille’s Spotify List:
Les’ Spotify Pick of the Week, Featuring Erin Wall:
Add us on these popular services! Weekly episodes can be found on Anchor.fm, VancouverOpera.Buzzsprout.com, Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Spotify, Stitcher, Podcast Addict, Podchaser, Deezer, TuneIn + Alexa, iHeartRadio, and Listen Notes. For those listening from the US, we’re also available now on Pandora!
Share this episode!
Vancouver Opera Offstage Host:
Vancouver Opera Offstage Production and Editing:
Vancouver Opera Offstage logo design:
Tuesday, 13 October, 2020
Episode interviews are recorded entirely remotely using Zoom and hosted on Anchor.fm.
(Originally on Buzzsprout).