PODCAST | Vancouver Opera Offstage
Shaping tomorrow’s voices with UBC Opera’s legendary Nancy Hermiston
July 15, 2020
In this episode, Les chats with Nancy Hermiston, Director of the University of British Columbia Opera Ensemble, and Chair of the UBC School of Music’s Voice and Opera Divisions. Nancy’s prestigious career has taken her across the globe. She is the inspiration and mentor to many local artists including our recent guests Rachel Fenlon and Simone Osborne, and is an Officer of the Order of Canada for her achievements as an opera singer, stage director and educator.
Extra Features & Content:
- Nancy’s Spotify Playlist Picks
- Les’ Pick of the Week: Watch UBC Opera Ensemble’s The Passenger (2020) online
- Extra Feature: Les Dala on Alireza Mojibian’s podcast, NoteWorthy: A Conversation With…
- Nancy’s Youtube Pick – Joan Sutherland & Judith Forst – “Sul suo capo” from Gaetano Donizetti’s Anna Bolena
- Nancy’s Youtube Pick – Lucia Popp, Brigette Fassbaender, Gwyneth Jones in the final scene from Strauss’ Der Rosenkavalier
UBC Opera Ensemble’s The Passenger (2020)
Add us on these popular services! Weekly episodes can be found on Anchor.fm, VancouverOpera.Buzzsprout.com, Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Spotify, Stitcher, Podcast Addict, Podchaser, Deezer, TuneIn + Alexa, iHeartRadio, and Listen Notes. For those listening from the US, we’re also available now on Pandora!
Share this episode!
Vancouver Opera Offstage Host:
Vancouver Opera Offstage Production and Editing:
Vancouver Opera Offstage logo design:
Episode Recorded: June 18, 2020
Episode interviews are recorded entirely remotely using Zoom and hosted on Anchor.fm.
(Originally on Buzzsprout).