PODCAST | Vancouver Opera Offstage
Adventures in Stage Management: Behind the Scenes with Theresa Tsang & Marijka Asbeek Brusse
November 18, 2020
In our 20th episode, Les chats with two of Vancouver Opera’s fabulous stage managers, Marijka Asbeek Brusse and Theresa Tsang. We’ll go on a virtual tour of what goes on in opera in the rehearsal hall and from backstage of a major opera company. Theresa and Marijka will share experiences and challenges from their unique perspective and give us a unique glimpse of what some of their favourite productions look like from behind the curtains.
Extra Features & Content:
- Marijka’s favourites: Vancouver Opera Festival’s The Overcoat (2018) – Trailer (Youtube Video)
- Marijka’s favourites: Vancouver Opera Festival’s L’Elisir d’amore (The Elixer of Love) (2018) – Trailer (Youtube Video)
- Theresa’s favourites: Garsington Opera’s The Skating Rink (2018) – Trailer (Youtube Video)
- Theresa’s favourites: Garsington Opera’s The Skating Rink (2018) – Opera (Youtube Video)
- Theresa’s favourites: Garsington Opera’s The Turn of the Screw (2019) – Opera (Youtube Video)
Theresa’s Spotify List:
Les’ Spotify Pick of the Week:
Add us on these popular services! Weekly episodes can be found on Anchor.fm, VancouverOpera.Buzzsprout.com, Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Spotify, Stitcher, Podcast Addict, Podchaser, Deezer, TuneIn + Alexa, iHeartRadio, and Listen Notes. For those listening from the US, we’re also available now on Pandora!
Share this episode!
Vancouver Opera Offstage Host:
Vancouver Opera Offstage Production and Editing:
Vancouver Opera Offstage logo design:
Friday, 6 November, 2020
Episode interviews are recorded entirely remotely using Zoom and hosted on Anchor.fm.
(Originally on Buzzsprout).